Dear Colusa Unified School District Community:
We want to assure you that CUSD is actively monitoring coronavirus/COVID-19 and taking steps to maintain safe learning environments for our students and staff. We are working closely with the Colusa County Office of Education and Colusa County Public Health to stay abreast of important information and procedures. In line with these partnerships, and our commitment to the overall health and well-being of the community we serve, we share the following information with you:
School Preparedness and Response
We also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that CUSD is committed to observing everyone’s rights. District programs, activities, practices, and employment shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, or where they have traveled.
Colusa Unified School District Reopening Taskforce Recommendations
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Standard precautions, and best practices to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as cold and flu apply to COVID-19. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Get vaccinated for the flu every year.
Additional Public Information
- California Department of Public Health website
- Colusa County COVID-19 website
- California Department of Education School Reopening Guidance
- Colusa County Office of Education
- National Center for Farmworker Health COVID-19 Resources
- Getting Internet Access: Available Plans
- California COVID-19 Help for Immingrants
By working together to follow these important guidelines, we can help keep our students, staff, and community healthy. Information related to this topic will be weekly and/or more frequently as necessary.
Colusa Unified School District
Please click the above stay connected button about the Board of Trustees adopting the recommendations of the Colusa Unified School Reopening Task Force.
Please click the above stay connected button for an update on CUSD school's reopening on August 19th
Please click the above stay connected button about CUSD Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan.